On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:01 AM, Grive.H.Williams < firstname.lastname@example.org > wrote:
HSBC Holdings Plc. London
The chief auditor (H.S.B.C Bank London).
HSBC Group Head Office
8 Canada Square, E14 5HQ London
I know that this mail will come to you as surprises as we never meet before. My name is Dr. Grieve Howard Williams, the director in charge of Chief Auditing and Accounting Unit of HSBC BANK LONDON I and my colleagues, hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confidant that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I am writing in respect of Mr. Anh, Il Tae of a foreign customer of our Bank who perished long with his next of kin with Korean Air Line, flight number 801with the whole passengers on 6th of Augustus 1997, Open and view the website: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/06/guam.passenger.list/
Since the demise of this our customer, I personally has watched with Keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of £10.000.000,00 (Ten Million Pounds), which has been with our branch for a very long time. On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the Next of Kin since nobody is coming for the fund again. The Banking ethics here does not allow such money to stay more than 16 years, because the money will be recalled to the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund after this period. In view of this I got your contact through the Internet when I was making a research on a foreigner that I will use in this great opportunity because I don’t want the money to be recalled to our Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. I have also agreed to offer you 30% of the total sum and the rest 70% will be for me. The reason for a foreigner in the Business is for the fact that the deceased man was a foreigner and it is not authorized by the law guiding our Bank for a citizen of this country to make the claim of the fund. So the Request of you as a foreigner is necessary to apply for the release and transfer of the fund smoothly into your reliable Bank account as the Surving Relation to the deceased. If you are really sure of your integrity, trust worthy and confidentiality, and accept not to cheat or disappoint me after this business.
I will send you by fax or e-mail on the next procedure to follow in other to execute this transaction .I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and don’t have any negative impact. You should not entertain any fear as all modalities for the smooth and easy transfer of this fund has been finalized, this transaction will be completed within 14-bank working Days immediately we start the business. Waiting for your urgent response and please kindly delete if you are not interested. Email me with this :( email@example.com)
Dr. Grieve. H. Williams
If you received a similar letter, please ignore it. Do not answer it.
If you do, you will end up on more of the mailing lists used by the
criminals behind this fraud. Read more....