Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:45 PM
Tel: + 44- 703 189 1831
TREAT AS URGENT/CONFIDENTIAL.
In our search for a trustworthy individual to work with us on a very important and confidential project,we came across your profile in The British Chambers of Commerce and Industries, here in THE UNITED KINGDOM.
My name is Kevin Morgan, Principal Executive Officer, and Audit Department with HSBC BANK here in The United Kingdom. During the yearly preliminary in-house auditing of accounts, I discovered an account opened in 2000 and since 2005 has remained dormant and has not been operated till date. The total amount in this account is £2.5Million Pound Sterling less accrued interest.
Working In-collaboration with the Audit Manager, we decided to investigate this account for more information. We discovered that the owner of this account, a foreigner has died intestate leaving no heirs or next of kin who could make a claim.
Presently, we are the only two people in our organization with access to this information and we have decided to keep it that way and claim the money for ourselves using a third party who will take the place of the deceased (next of kin). We will supply the necessary information on the deceased and ensure that the claim application is giving immediate approval. Documents like the death certificate will be arranged and forwarded to you for onward submission to the bank.
The project is risk-free, as we will use contacts that hold strategic positions in the bank to effect a successful completion of the project and also ensure that all traces of our mutual involvement are completely wiped off. These presents no problem as all documented evidence will be directly under their supervision.
We have earmarked a commission of 30% of the total amount for you. The remaining 70% you will help us invest in profitable Stocks and Shares in your country. We would like to get your decision to this proposal as soon as possible. On receipt of your decision, we will fax or email you explicit details of the already completed groundwork on this project.
You can contact me at all times on the above informationTel: + 44- 703 189 1831
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 11:41 AM
Subject: THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE!
Tel:+44 703 187 0566
I hereby acknowledged receipt of your prompt response to my proposal and wish to thank you for your time taken in going through to it and your plight to work with me for accomplishment of this deal for the benefit of all concerned. I knew that my letter may came to you as a surprise however, I decided to contact you on a strictly confidential basis hence you have the expertise to carry this forward with me to ensure its ultimate success.
This is my 16 years in the banking industry and would like to retire with something tangible therefore; I have planned to retire as soon as this deal is completed. I am sure you know the rules or can I say the procedures of making a third party or next of kin claims. We have to follow the traditional lay down ethics of doing this especially in the banking point of view and since have vast knowledge of what is going on in the banking industries as well as the financial regulation of this country and elsewhere, I would advice we work hand in hand in this promising transaction so that we can be in a better position to accomplish this goal within the time frame.
Before you were contacted, a serious search of information relating to the deceased has been conducted and I am assuring you that with your co-operation and commitment this transaction will be concluded within 14 banking days. We will request that you write an application or if by your request I can write it and send to you to retype and refax back to us so that I can use my influence and connection to submit it to the right person at the audit and claims section of my bank for approvals. I will emphasize more on this and pass to you all the vital information and more of the process we have to follow in this transaction.
Thanking you once again for your willingness to work with me towards making this deal a successfully one as I hope to read from you soon. As known by law we shall engage ourselves into an agreement which shall serve as basis of this transaction at the same time binding us. It shall also comprise the shearing ratios. Finally, this is a life time opportunity and I would appreciate it you accept me with open heart to embrace and shear this life time opportunity.
I am anticipating to hearing from you soon and God bless.
+44 703 187 0566
If you received a similar letter, please ignore it. Do not answer it.
If you do, you will end up on more of the mailing lists used by the
criminals behind this fraud. Read more....