Date: Mon 23 Jun 2008 13 48 20 0200
From: "pravesh mahadeo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: GOOD NEWS KINDLY REPLY
Mr Pravesh Mahadeo
It is my great pleasure to write you this letter on behalf of my colleagues.Your information was given to me by a member of the South African Export Promotion Council (SAEPC) who was with the Government delegation on a trip to your country for a bilateral conference talk to encourage foreign investors.
To start with, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction. I am a financial accountant working with (Department of Finance & Economic Affairs),in Cape Town South Africa. I and four colleagues are currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to transfer the sum of (US$37,000,000.00) Thirty-Seven Million US dollars. The said funds represent certain percentage of the total contract value executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which we the officials over-invoiced to the above mention amount. Though the actual contract cost has been paid to the original contractor, leaving the excess balance unclaimed.
The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from ABSA bank here in South Africa to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of our positions as civil servants in my country, we cannot acquire this money in our names. Because as a civil servants, we are not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with us to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email.
What I am requesting from you is:(1) to be our silent partner and receive the funds as the sole benefactor to the contract amount which we shall secure all legal documentation to authenticate our claim. (2) Provide a private telephone and fax number for easy communication under your control. (3) Receive the funds as the beneficiary; take out your commission and keep the rest of the money until I arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 15% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 85% belongs to me and four colleagues. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your country. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and direction on investing into profitable ventures in your country.
However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further assist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available to me our part of the money. The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successful with all necessary back-up official documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be affected within a period not longer than two weeks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else.
I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to us or yourself. Please reply regarding your interest.
Mr. Pravesh Mahadeo
Phone:+ 27 78-355-8409