|From: ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISION <email@example.com>
Subject: ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION- INVESTIGATION.
Date: Friday, 25 July, 2008, 4:01 PM
ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION.
FORCE HEADQUARTERS, WUSE 11
ATTENTION: Miss Young (scam victim)
First and foremost, i wish to inform you that i am Inspector Hilare Abuna of the Nigerian Police Force working under the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Department here in Abuja, Nigeria.
Our good office
arrested some fraudsters on the 20th day of July 2008 at the Abuja International Airport Hotel here in Nigeria.After thorough investigation carried out today on their computers we discovered some documents probably from the Union Bank of Nigeria Plc and other Government Institutions from one of the culprits named Mr. Jonathan Muo Alias 'Akin' who claimed to be the Operations Manager of Union Bank on the documents found on him.
While we are still on with our investigations , we have processed to pay you all the funds which you have paid to them through the Government Reserve and they will serve 5 years Jail Sentence or further re-pay the Government through depositing their valuables.
Mr. Akin has pleaded guilty and confessed that he has collected more than $22,500usd
from different victims in various countries of the World.
We discovered some of the attached documents from their computers and it became evident that you should be paid immediately the sum of $10,000.00USD which is the only payment made by you that is documented. If you still have evidence of other payments which you made,kindly send them to us so that they will be paid to you along with the rest.
We are still investigating some of the Offices which they used to scam the victims and to that effect, you should STOP any further correspondence with any one in this respect to avoid "letting the cat out of the bag". You should not disclose our investigations to anyone as it will distract our efforts if other culprits escape our arrest.
This office will further submit an application
to the Government Reserve bank to send back to you only $10,000.00USD and other payments made by you if you can provide us with any clear evidence of payment.
PROCESS OF APPLICATION AT THE RESERVE BANK:
1. You will be required to open a non-residential savings account with any bank here in Nigeria where the money will be released for onward transfer to your chosen bank account. This account will have a minimum balance of $200USD.
2. You should provide to this office your full bank account details where you are likely to receive your money because our legal department will handle your case on your behalf since you are not resident here in Nigeria.
3. You will be required to open a file officially with our office with the sum of $150USD.
4. You will write an under-taken that you will pay this office the total sum of $1500USD immediately you get
your money in your bank account.
5. The $200USD and $150USd in part 1 & 3 above will be paid upfront before any action will commence by this office.
6. You will provide the amount with the following information for account opening:
a. your full names
f. a scan copy of your identity card.
7. This office does not bear any responsibility of assisting you in any way if not official as directed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Section 2, sub-section G8 (A) amended 2007.
You should note that the instruction contained in part 1 stated above is given by the Government Reserve bank and MUST be paid attention to.
We shall direct you on how to make the payment of the $350USD when you are ready now and subsequently on receipt of your payment, we shall give you the account to pay the $1500USD.
We regret any inconvenience these fraudsters have
caused you and we plead on behalf of the Government of Nigeria that things will go on well with you. we wish you well. Good Luck!
Your early response will facilitate issues.
Inspector Hilare Abuna
Investigating Police Officer (IPO)
If you received a similar letter, please ignore it. Do not answer it.
If you do, you will end up on more of the mailing lists used by the
criminals behind this fraud. Read more....